My Portion

An account of my portion from God, through his Word; digesting what I'm reading.

My Photo
Name:

I'm a homeschooling mum of 5 so far, love my kitchen and food, love my acreage, and Love My God. Stuart is my best friend, and the best gift God has given me after the gift of eternal life.

Friday, February 25, 2005

I Remember Daniel Landis And God Remembers Me

Two years ago, Daniel Landis left my womb and entered eternity in heaven. He was my miracle baby, he was the gift I had waited for for seven years. He was the answer to my prayers for Stuart's heart to change and be completely submitted to Adonai in all things, including the size of our family and the provision for our family.

February 25, 2003, my dreams were dashed, and Landis was gone. Around me, I had an unwed friend who was still pregnant, I had doctors treating me like I was a number, treating me like what had happened was as simple as a runny nose. I was put in a room where the respect for life was nil - where sterilization seemed the optimum, and abortion the next best thing. Why had this happened? Why was the world so unjust, why did I lose my baby and my friend got to keep hers?

But God spoke to me. He told me Psalm 30:11You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy. And he did. I learned that my baby was not lost, but rather found. He was alive in heaven, he was living the God Most High, he was nestled at El Shaddai's breast in a perfect body, never to skin his knee, never to break his heart, never knowing sickness and sorrow. I'll see him one day, he'll be there waiting for me when I get to heaven. My life went on and Janney came to us, I've been blessed, I don't mourn anymore, I am returned to Joy!

We lit a candle in rememberance today. Not sorrow, but joyfully thanking Adonai for the 12 1/2 weeks he was here with us. And today, Adonai repeated his promise to me. Twice I read this same message. While the boys and I were reading Esther, he gave me this from Esther 9
The Festival of Purim
20Mordecai recorded these events and sent letters to the Jews near and far, throughout all the king's provinces, 21encouraging them to celebrate an annual festival on these two days. 22He told them to celebrate these days with feasting and gladness and by giving gifts to each other and to the poor. This would commemorate a time when the Jews gained relief from their enemies, when their sorrow was turned into gladness and their mourning into joy.
And from our family portion reading
Jeremiah 31 Their life will be like a watered garden, and all their sorrows will be gone. 13The young women will dance for joy, and the men--old and young--will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing.

Now if we weren't on this path, would I have been searching for information on Purim today? Would we have been reading our Portion today? I'm so pleased, I feel like these two reminders of Adonai's promise to me are confirmations that I'm on the right road. I will treasure these in my heart, and pray for the days to come, to reveal to me what Elohim is doing in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home