My Portion

An account of my portion from God, through his Word; digesting what I'm reading.

My Photo
Name:

I'm a homeschooling mum of 5 so far, love my kitchen and food, love my acreage, and Love My God. Stuart is my best friend, and the best gift God has given me after the gift of eternal life.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Writing out the Torah day 3

Hey, cool things you notice while writing out the Torah in your own hand. Here's some little things

Gen 1:30 And to every wild animal, bird in the air and creature crawling on the earth, in which there is a living soul,

Animals have souls! Didn't know that.

Gen 2:3 God blessed the seventh day and separated it as holy; because on that day God rested from all his work which he had created, so that it itself could produce.


Did you know that God rested so that what he had made could produce? Makes you reflect on our Sabbath Rest. We are to rest so that what we are working on actually produces. I mean, how many people in this world today feel like they're working 24/7 and things aren't getting better, they aren't producing. There's no feeling of satisfaction and success, it's like an ever deepening pit that they can't get out of. Compare that with he who takes a rest for Sabbath. It doesn't seem to make sense that if a man takes a beautiful sunshiny day to rest, that he could actually bring in his whole harvest before the weather turns too ugly to bring it all in. But this is exactly the testimony my elder when we first started walking in Torah. Alfred put the harvesting equipment away as soon as the sun was setting on Friday, he was sitting at the table in time for Shabbat to begin, and even though the weather was not cooperating with farmers, Alfred brought in his whole harvest. He runs a HUGE farm, so this wasn't just luck, or the size of the harvest, it was Adonai's blessing on him for obeying Adonai's word about the Sabbath

Was reading
www.wildbranch.org yesterday, a teaching on the definition of the word faith. I was like many, believing that faith was synonymous with belief. Sure I believe in God, so I have faith in God. But that's not the same thing as Believing God. When we have faith, it's not hope. Having faith is an action.
Jas 2:14 - What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith but has no actions to prove it? Is such "faith" able to save him?

Heb 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (KJV)
CJB writes it as 11:1
Trusting is being confident of what we hope for, convinced about things we do not see.

So faith is trusting, and doing, and obeying. Very interesting. It sure changes the concept of just believing.. which is too ephemeral and not verbish enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home