My Portion

An account of my portion from God, through his Word; digesting what I'm reading.

My Photo
Name:

I'm a homeschooling mum of 5 so far, love my kitchen and food, love my acreage, and Love My God. Stuart is my best friend, and the best gift God has given me after the gift of eternal life.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Making common the name of God

7 "You are not to use lightly the name of ADONAI your God, because ADONAI will not leave unpunished someone who uses his name lightly.




I was visiting another blog and found this blinky. It made me sick. Why, because we so easily make God common, and this is an example of how we do this.

I know the woman who posted this on her site just wanted to make a point that she loves Yeshua, that she knows from what she's been saved, but the verse above says we're not to use lightly the name of the Lord. When we see this image, we know immediately that it's based on the Tide logo, a laundry detergent. When I see the name of the Lord pasted on there like that, it makes me feel like he's been made ordinary, like a household cleaner, something to use and discard down the drain.

I know I'm guilty of this too, I've used His Name in inappropriate ways, and by labeling myself a Christian, but not behaving as one, I do the same thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sombra,
Just found your newest blog. I look forward to reading your posts.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sombra,
Just found your newest blog. I look forward to reading your posts.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sombra,
Just found your newest blog. I look forward to reading your posts.

8:40 PM  
Blogger The Warf said...

Sombra, we have just finished doing a Bible study on the 10 commandment and learned that the taking of the Lord's name in vain is not so much cursing, but how we portray His name. I completely agree with you. I everyday take His name in vain, but thank you for pointing this out. He protects His name and if we have been given His name then we should protect it as He does.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home